Our annually published Journal is ALSO. In 2013, we moved to digital copies only and editions since then are available below in downloadable .pdf format:
- 2018 – Unreliable Narrators
- 2017 – Lost, Found or Fakes
- 2016 – Literary Scandal
- 2015 – Literary Places
- 2014 – The Literary Fantastic
- 2013 – Humour in Literature
Journal themes 2007 to 2012 (not available electronically):
- 2012 – Fashion in Literature – including articles on Fitzgerald and Kerouac, Charles Dickens, Virginia Woolf, and more
- 2011 – Lost in Translation – exploring various issues with translating text and including John Clare, P G Wodehouse, Angela Thirkell and George Eliot.
- 2010 – Regional Writing – opening with an article by Ronald Blythe and including pieces on H E Bates, George Borrow, Elizabeth Gaskell, Arthur Ransome, and Sir Walter Scott.
- 2009 – Beyond Text – including a piece by the late Aeronwy Thomas, on musical accompaniment to poetry, and articles on The Phenomenon of the Classic Serial, Finding Words for the Forest: John Clare in Fineshade Wood, The Austen Effect, ‘I Am Doors’ (an arts project), and Reaching Towards Meaning.
- 2008 – Literary Tourism – including articles on Haworth Village, John Clare’s Cottage, Knutsford as Cranford, Mark Rutherford’s Bedford, the Nancy Blackett, Neil Munro and Laurence Sterne.
- 2007 – Copyright and Censorship – including articles on Betjeman, Henry Reed, John Clare, Parson Woodforde. George Borrow, and Wyndham Lewis.
The electronic editions of ALSo are available to purchase as a print-out (if you are unable to download them from the above). Members of the our affiliated societies £5 per copy; and £9 to non-members (including postage and packing).
The 2007 to 2012 editions are available as printed journals – for £9 per copy including postage and packing.
Send your name and address, indicating which edition(s), along with a cheque (made payable to The Alliance of Literary Societies) to ALSo Editor, 59 Bryony Road, Birmingham B29 4BY.